The Faculty of Science and Technology of the University of Macau invites applications for the position of Laboratory Technician (Administrative Assistant) in the Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering at a taxable monthly salary ranging from MOP22,950 to MOP30,600 (index 270 – 360).
1. Assist in the design of laboratories, planning, purchasing, maintenance and upgrading the laboratory equipment in accordance with the necessity of the laboratories;
2. Coordinate the smooth delivery and proper placement of all equipment and facilities to the laboratories;
3. Carry out daily operation of the laboratories in compliance with safety standard and/or government regulations;
4. Support long-term research work and teaching; undertake training and demonstration sessions to research personnel on the departmental facilities;
5. Maintain safe and satisfactory working environment of the laboratory including computational hardware and software;
6. Prepare experiment setups and organization as well as coordination of personnel using the departmental facilities with local regulatory requirements and international best practices, and identify areas of continuous improvement;
7. Coordinate and organize academic activities for the Faculty.
1. Bachelor’s degree or above in Civil Engineering or related fields, Master’s degree is preferable;
2. Relevant working experience is preferable;
3. Laboratory experience and recognized training certificates on related laboratory instruments and apparatus are preferable;
4. Recognized safety related certifications or professional qualification is preferable;
5. Good command of both written and spoken English and Chinese (Mandarin and Cantonese);
6. Good communication, interpersonal and analytical skills.
Applicants should visit http://www.umac.mo/career for more details, and apply ONLINE at Career@UM (https://isw.umac.mo/recruitment) on or before 25 January 2018 (Job Ref.: FST/CEE/LT/01/2018). Other contact points are:
Human Resources Section, Office of Administration
University of Macau, Av. da Universidade, Taipa, Macau, China
Website: https://isw.umac.mo/recruitment; Email: email@example.com
Tel: +853 8822 8574; Fax: +853 8822 2412
The effective position and salary index are subject to the Personnel Statute of the University of Macau in force. The University of Macau reserves the right not to appoint a candidate. Applicants with less qualification and experience can be offered lower positions under special circumstances.
***Personal data provided by applicants will be kept confidential and used for recruitment purpose only***
** Under the equal condition of qualifications and experience, priority will be given to Macao permanent residents**