The Institute of Collaborative Innovation (ICI) of the University of Macau invites applications for the position of Administrative Officer/Senior Administrative Officer at a taxable monthly salary ranging from MOP36,520 to MOP57,270 (index 440 – 690).
1. Contribute specialist skills and knowledge to technology-enhanced e-learning platforms and projects;
2. Coordinate, manage, and develop online e-Learning educational system for Portuguese language learning and teaching in campus;
3. Liaise with the relevant units of the University to be proactive and collaborative in supporting and deploying the online e-learning platform;
4. Employ the-state-of-the-art natural language processing (NLP) and machine learning (ML) technologies to establish the e-learning framework in terms of mobile APPs and web-based application;
5. Collect and analyze the requirements of specific course, work with faculty members in preparing and publishing content, and evaluate the impact of the technology-enhanced learning on the student learning experience;
6. Contribute to the creation of Chinese and Portuguese parallel corpus, including the big question bank, students’ learning corpus and instructor’s teaching corpus, to meet the current trend of data science;
7. Undertake research into aspects of technology-enhanced learning with a practical long-term methodology, and contribute to the improving of UM e-learning resulting from these activities;
8. Investigate and develop a strategic optimal approach to technology-enhanced learning, including the automatic generation of test questions to release the instructor’s heavy burden in generating questions manually.
1. Bachelor’s degree or above, preferably Master’s degree, with knowledge in areas related to computer science;
2. Knowledge of natural language processing and machine learning technologies;
3. Minimum 7 years of relevant work experience, preferably in a University setting;
4. Contemporary understanding of e-learning, as well as a thorough grasp of instructional practice relating to academic environments and technology-based learning;
5. Excellent communication, interpersonal, analytical and problem solving skills;
6. Good command of spoken and written English and Chinese, fluency in Mandarin is an advantage;
7. Ability of multitasking with capability of work under pressure.
Applicants should visit http://www.umac.mo/career for more details, and apply ONLINE at Career@UM (https://isw.umac.mo/recruitment) on or before 19 October 2017 (Job Ref.: ICI/AO-SAO/10/2017). Other contact points are:
Human Resources Section, Office of Administration
University of Macau, Av. da Universidade, Taipa, Macau, China
Website: https://isw.umac.mo/recruitment; Email: email@example.com
Tel: +853 8822 8574; Fax: +853 8822 2412
The effective position and salary index are subject to the Personnel Statute of the University of Macau in force. The University of Macau reserves the right not to appoint a candidate. Applicants with less qualification and experience can be offered lower positions under special circumstances.
***Personal data provided by applicants will be kept confidential and used for recruitment purpose only***
** Under the equal condition of qualifications and experience, priority will be given to Macao permanent residents**