The University of Macau invites applications for Senior Laboratory Technician (equivalent to Administrative Officer to Senior Administrative Officer) at a taxable monthly salary ranging from MOP36,520.00 to MOP57,270.00 (index 440 – 690).
1. Be responsible for equipment, software, and cyber-physical system administration and organize related training;
2. Facilitate establishment and development of experiments;
3. Collect and process experimental data;
4. Provide support and assistance for teaching of laboratory, software, and cyber-physical courses and research projects;
5. Coordinate participation of students in laboratory courses and research projects;
6. Arrange conference and seminars;
7. Prepare budget estimation and planning related to laboratory materials;
8. Devise policies and measures in line with the University regulations and ensure effective implementation;
9. Maintain safe and healthy work environment in laboratories.
1. Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science related field, with a Master’s degree or PhD or equivalent is strongly preferable;
2. Applicants with at least 10 years of working experience in academic, industrial or computing and networking laboratories with knowledge of operation and maintenance of computing and networking laboratory equipment and facilities for cyber-physical systems and Internet of Things; especially research experience with 6 years or above in Real-Time Systems, Embedded Systems, Internet of Things, Cyber-Physical systems is necessary;
3. Good knowledge on algorithm theory, scheduling theory, and networking protocols is preferred;
4. Hands-on experience in operating Hadoop and HP x9720 NAS and Moonshot systems;
5. Experience in software development on HP Moonshot server system;
6. Experience in patent application;
7. Good communication skills and ability to work well within a team environment;
8. Good command of Chinese and English. Knowledge in Portuguese is an advantage.
Applicants should visit http://www.umac.mo/vacancy for more details, and apply ONLINE at Jobs@UM (https://isw.umac.mo/recruitment) on or before 29 June 2017 (Job Ref.: LAB/IOT/06/2017). Other contact points are:
Human Resources Section, Office of Administration
University of Macau, Av. da Universidade, Taipa, Macau, China
Website: https://isw.umac.mo/recruitment; Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Tel: +853 8822 8589; Fax: +853 8822 2412
The effective position and salary index are subject to the Personnel Statute of the University of Macau in force.
The University of Macau reserves the right not to appoint a candidate. Applicants with less qualification and experience can be offered lower positions under special circumstances.
***Personal data provided by applicants will be kept confidential and used for recruitment purpose only***
** Under the equal condition of qualifications and experience, priority will be given to Macao permanent residents**