The Rector's Office of the University of Macau is now inviting applications for the captioned position. The successful candidate will be, depending on their qualifications and other relevant credentials, of the rank of Senior Administrative Assistant, or Administrative Officer, or Senior Administrative Officer, or Principal Administrative Officer with a taxable monthly salary within the range of MOP30,710 and MOP61,005 (i.e. index points 370 to 735).
• Translate university documents such as legal instruments, minutes, public speeches, reports, proposals, press releases, etc.
• Interpret in Portuguese, Mandarin and Cantonese (consecutively or simultaneously) at meetings or other university events.
• Perform other language tasks, such as editing/proofreading, writing, giving language advice, etc.
• Perform other administrative duties as assigned by their superior.
Appointee at the rank of Senior Administrative Officer or Principal Administrative Officer is also expected to train and guide other translators and interpreters.
Qualifications and other requirements
• A bachelor's degree or above from a recognized university, preferably related to Chinese/Portuguese translation studies
• A solid track record of working experience as a translator and an interpreter; candidates with at least 10 years of relevant working experience may be considered for the rank of Principal Administrative Officer
• Excellent writing, translation and interpreting skills in Portuguese and Chinese; a working knowledge of English is necessary
• Able to think logically, work under pressure and be meticulous in details
• Able to work independently and jointly with other team members
Visit http://www.umac.mo/vacancy for more details, and apply ONLINE at Jobs@UM (https://isw.umac.mo/recruitment ) (Ref. No.: RTO/CP/06/2017). Submit your application letter in Portuguese with two samples of your past translation (Chinese to Portuguese and vice versa). Processing of applications begins on 16 Jun 2017 and will continue until the position is filled. For further information about the application, please contact:
Human Resources Section, Office of Administration
University of Macau, Av. da Universidade, Taipa, Macau, China
Website: https://isw.umac.mo/recruitment ; Email: email@example.com
Tel: +853 8822 8553; Fax: +853 8822 2412
The effective position and salary index are subject to the Personnel Statute of the University of Macau in force. The University of Macau reserves the right not to appoint a candidate. Applicants with less qualification and experience can be offered lower positions under special circumstances.
***Personal data provided by applicants will be kept confidential and used for recruitment purpose only***
** Under the equal condition of qualifications and experience, priority will be given to Macao permanent residents**