The Rector’s Office of the University of Macau invites applications for the position of Translator / Senior Translator (equivalent to Senior Administrative Assistant to Senior Administrative Officer) for English and Chinese, at a taxable monthly salary ranging from MOP30,710.00 to MOP57,270.00 (index 370 – 690).
- Translate university documents such as legal instruments, minutes, public speeches, reports, proposals and press releases;
- Perform other language tasks, such as editing/proofreading, writing and providing professional advice on language-related matters;
- Perform other administrative duties as assigned by the superior.
- Bachelor’s degree or above in language related discipline;
- Preferably 5 years of intensive working experience in the similar capacity; applicants with substantial relevant working experience will be considered for Senior Translator;
- High proficiency in written and spoken Chinese (Cantonese and Mandarin) and English; knowledge of Portuguese will be an advantage;
- Logically thinking, able to work under pressure and meticulous in details.
Applicants should visit http://www.umac.mo/vacancy for more details, and apply ONLINE at Career@UM (https://isw.umac.mo/recruitment), with an application letter in English and two samples of past translation (Chinese to English and vice versa), on or before 19 October 2017 (Job Ref.: RTO/VRA/EC/09/2017). Other contact points are:
Human Resources Section, Office of Administration
University of Macau, Av. da Universidade, Taipa, Macau, China
Website: https://isw.umac.mo/recruitment; Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Tel: +853 8822 8553; Fax: +853 8822 2412
The effective position and salary index are subject to the Personnel Statute of the University of Macau in force.
The University of Macau reserves the right not to appoint a candidate. Applicants with less qualification and experience can be offered lower positions under special circumstances.
***Personal data provided by applicants will be kept confidential and used for recruitment purpose only***
** Under the equal condition of qualifications and experience, priority will be given to Macao permanent residents**