The Rector’s Office of the University of Macau invites applications for the position of Junior Legal Advisor (equivalent to Senior Administrative Assistant) at a taxable monthly salary ranging from MOP30,710.00 to MOP38,180.00 (index 370 – 460).
1. Provide consultation and professional advice on legal affairs to management for decision making and handle any legal cases;
2. Develop, establish and maintain an effective legal and compliance infrastructure to accommodate regulatory requirements;
3. Contribute ideas to the development of new regulations and laws in line with contemporary government plans as well as social changes;
4. Participate in the preparation of legal documents like agreement, announcement in government gazette, contracts and proposals;
5. Analyze and refine internal procedures, university policies and regulations.
1. Bachelor’s degree or above in legal studies, legal professional qualification is highly preferable;
2. At least 3 years of relevant experience preferably in practicing in a law firm or serving as internal counselor for government department or large corporations;
3. Excellent legal knowledge in government and local legislation preferably in areas of administrative procedure, public finance and public procurement, labor relations, higher education and / or personal data protection, etc.;
4. Proficiency in spoken and written Chinese and English; knowledge in Portuguese will be an advantage;
5. Good interpersonal and communication skills, independent and able to work under pressure.
Applicants should visit http://www.umac.mo/vacancy for more details, and apply ONLINE at Jobs@UM (https://isw.umac.mo/recruitment) on or before 29 June 2017 (Job Ref.: RTO/VRA/JLA/06/2017). Other contact points are:
Human Resources Section, Office of Administration
University of Macau, Av. da Universidade, Taipa, Macau, China
Website: https://isw.umac.mo/recruitment; Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Tel: +853 8822 8589; Fax: +853 8822 2412
The effective position and salary index are subject to the Personnel Statute of the University of Macau in force. The University of Macau reserves the right not to appoint a candidate. Applicants with less qualification and experience can be offered lower positions under special circumstances.
***Personal data provided by applicants will be kept confidential and used for recruitment purpose only***
** Under the equal condition of qualifications and experience, priority will be given to Macao permanent residents**