The University of Macau invites applications for the position of Legal Advisor / Senior Legal Advisor (equivalent to Administrative Officer to Senior Administrative Officer) at a taxable monthly salary ranging from MOP37,400 to MOP58,650 (index 440 – 690).
- Provide consultation and professional advice on legal affairs to management for decision-making and handling of legal cases;
- Develop, establish and maintain an effective legal and compliance infrastructure to accommodate regulatory requirements;
- Provide ideas to the development of new regulations and laws in line with contemporary government plans as well as social changes;
- Participate in the preparation of legal documents such as agreement, announcement in government gazette, contracts and proposals;
- Analyze and refine internal procedures, university policies and regulations;
- Perform any other duties or ad hoc projects as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree or above in legal studies or related disciplines, legal professional qualification is highly preferable;
- At least 5 years of relevant experience, preferably in a law firm or serving as internal counselor for government department or large corporation;
- Excellent knowledge in government and local legislation preferably in areas of administrative procedure, public finance and public procurement, labor relations, higher education and/or personal data protection, etc.;
- Proficiency in spoken and written Chinese or English, knowledge of Portuguese is an advantage;
- Good interpersonal and communication skills, independent and able to work under pressure.
Applicants should visit http://www.umac.mo/career for more details, and apply ONLINE at Career@UM (https://isw.umac.mo/recruitment) on or before March 22, 2018 (Job Ref.: RTO/VRA/SLA/03/2018). Other contact points are:
Human Resources Section, Office of Administration
University of Macau, Av. da Universidade, Taipa, Macau, China
Website: https://isw.umac.mo/recruitment; Email: email@example.com
Tel: +853 8822 8578; Fax: +853 8822 2412
The effective position and salary index are subject to the Personnel Statute of the University of Macau in force. The University of Macau reserves the right not to appoint a candidate. Applicants with less qualification and experience can be offered lower positions under special circumstances.
***Personal data provided by applicants will be kept confidential and used for recruitment purpose only***
**Under the equal condition of qualifications and experience, priority will be given to Macao permanent residents**