Upon completion of the course, students should be able to:
1. Describe the essential information about how drugs affect our daily life;
2. List the basic principles behind discovery and development of drugs and medicines;
3. Describe drug-related professions and the regulatory processes involved with releasing a drug into the markets;
4. Explain the differences between modern drugs, complementary medicines, and health supplements;
5. Explain drug treatment options for a few common diseases;
6. List the major aspects of recreational drug use and abuse;
7. Describe the internal structure of a modern pharmaceutical plant and how it operates.