Upon completion of the course, each student should be able to:
1. Operate and maintain basic laboratory equipment and adhere to good laboratory practices and biosafety issues;
2. Analyze, synthesize and integrate knowledge and information to form a research proposal;
3. Conduct basic guided research and demonstrate the ability to apply theoretical knowledge and practical skills in addressing a scientific problem;
4. Demonstrate the ability to seek, adapt and provide solutions to address challenges and concerns in research; and
5. Demonstrate the ability to effectively communicate research results and discuss scientific problems both in written reports and in oral presentations.